There are many terms connected to working with an online counselor. Some refer to online sessions as distance counseling or telehealth. Talking to an online coach or counselor is a way to connect with another person, to have a personal confidant that can help you through life situations. It’s an experience that has led to happy endings for many who have needed assistance working through stresses and worries.
Choosing an Online Counselor
One question you might ask yourself is: Why would I choose to make an appointment with a professional online counselor rather than seeking the services of someone in my area who I could meet face-to-face?
Here are 6 reasons why you might choose a reputable professional counselor who works online:
- Convenience. An online counselor will accept appointments during the hours that are convenient for you.
- Location. When you arrange for a professional online appointment with someone you trust, you don’t have to worry about driving to a physical location, spending money on gas, and taking time away from your friends and family.
- Confidence. When you’re going through difficult times, sometimes it is easier when you don’t have to see another person face-to-face. A new voice over the phone could be just what is needed. There have even been reports on the benefits of talking to individuals who are new to you, people outside of your social circle.
- Privacy. For the protection of who you are as a person, you have absolute protection and privacy when you speak to your confidential counselor on the phone. It’s all about your personal integrity and not wanting to be seen or photographed leaving your vehicle or entering a residence or a professional building. Personal, confidential, phone talk therapy provides you with the support you need. Whether you tell anyone else about it is up to you.
- Personal space. In-person intake evaluations, face-to-face meetings, and all of the trappings of appointments can feel insurmountable when an individual is going through a difficult period. An online appointment with a trusted personal counselor protects your anonymity while upholding your honor and integrity. Not everyone is comfortable sitting in front of someone talking about how they would like to achieve resolutions in their life.
- Options. One of the best reasons to choose an online counselor is simply because you can. There are more ways than ever to connect with others thanks to technological advances. When you want to talk to someone and you need help, you don’t need anyone else’s approval, opinion, or rules telling you what you can and cannot do. Reason number 6 says it all: you can book an appointment with a personal confidant and enjoy the benefits of talk therapy whenever you would benefit from a patient ear. No further explanation needed.
If you are struggling, made an appointment and connect with an online professional counselor or personal confidant. Improving your life is possible.
Kendall Van Blarcom is a senior helping seniors. Contact Van Blarcom Consulting today for help with your personal problems. Or, reach out to provide support for an older adult in your life.