Finding professional help on the web when you’re looking for a personal confidant to talk to about situations that are occurring in your life is an experience that could have a happy ending.
How to find and choose an online counselor
The first question you might want to ask yourself is: Why would you choose to make an appointment with a professional online counselor rather than seeking the services of someone in your local area where you could meet face-to-face?
Here are 6 reasons why you might choose to find a reputable professional counselor who works online:
1. Your personal confidant accepts appointments during the hours that are convenient for you.
2. When you arrange for a professional appointment online with someone that you trust, you don’t have to worry about driving to a physical location, spending money on gas, and taking time away from your friends and family.
3. When you’re going through difficult times or you just want to vent or have someone who will listen to you, it’s easier when you don’t have to confront the person face-to-face.
4. For confidential reasons, for personal reasons, for the protection of who you are as a person, you have absolute protection and privacy when you speak to your confidential counselor on the phone. It’s all about your personal integrity and not wanting to be seen or photographed leaving your vehicle or entering a residence or a professional building. You don’t even have to have anything to hide. Personal, confidential, phone talk therapy provides you with the best of both worlds.
5. In-person intake evaluations, face-to-face meetings, and confronting another human being is sometimes just not what you want to put yourself through. A private appointment with a trusted personal counselor protects your anonymity while upholding your honor and integrity. Not everyone is comfortable sitting in front of someone talking about how they would like to achieve resolutions in their life.
6. Because you can. When you want to talk to someone and you need help, you don’t need anyone else’s approval, opinion, or rules telling you what you can and cannot do. Reason number 6 says it all: you can book an appointment with a personal confidant and have some talk therapy… Because you can. No further explanation needed.
If you have ever made an appointment through an online website and had a session with a professional counselor or personal confidant, would you recommend this type of talk therapy to your best friend?