If the topic of looking for a personal consultant appeals to you, then you are probably:
a) someone who could benefit from a nonjudgmental, caring person who can listen to what’s going on with you in your life, or b) you’re searching for answers and trying to find resourceful people and information on the Internet.
There are many reasons why someone would want to arrange a session with a personal consultant, and it may be especially helpful if you have the anonymity of the Internet.
I say that because it’s a matter of privacy, you might want to talk to someone while you’re at home, or in a secure area where no one can listen to your conversation and where you feel most comfortable and relaxed.
You might be able to cite 100 reasons, but from many years of research as well as talking to people, I’ve grouped the top 5 reasons here that appear to be the most popular.
Are you ready to get started?
1. Sometimes for any unspecified amount of time you might feel unmotivated, lethargic, and not filled with a lot of joy every morning when you climb out of bed. Perhaps you don’t want to mention it to family members or your best friends, because you feel it might drag them down to hear how discouraged you’ve felt lately. In that instance, you might just need to talk to someone who’s a professional, who will guard your privacy when discussing serious matters of the heart. It might take one, two, or three sessions to get you back on track again, and no one else has to know.
2. Maybe you could benefit from speaking to a personal consultant who is unconditional in his approach to listening and hearing what’s on your mind. In our society, many people seem so consumed with their own problems and success that they don’t take time in their lives to truly listen to the people in their inner circle. It’s not easy to put your hand up and say, “Stop and listen to me for a minute.” Besides, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be heard. However, if you find a non-judgmental counselor who will openly listening to you, that might be all the reassurance you need. The best part is that you don’t need to worry whether your friends and family are listening to you, because you’ve found someone who will.
3. If you know someone in your circle of friends or have family members who have suggested that you might want to seek a personal consultant’s guidance and encouragement, that’s another reason. But as the old expression goes, “If you ignore the elephant in the room,” what happens? The only thing you see is the elephant in the room. Just remember that the power of influence that abounds in those around you can sometimes be used as a quiet nudge to seek help.
4. For your own personal growth; whether spiritual, emotional, physical, or to have a better appreciation for the unique person you are who has so much to give but might need a little encouragement and focused activities. For example, you might have specific areas in your life that with dedicated focus, could have you on your way to better health, more prosperity, and love, and just all-around well-being.
5. When you’re going through a painful and difficult season of your life with lots of transitions and decisions, that’s when a personal consultant is certainly a helpful confidant. Life-transitions include death, divorce, marriage, bankruptcy, home foreclosure, pregnancy, college, career, and unexpected news about a health condition (yours or someone close to you). Along with these journeys come feelings that you may never have had to deal with before. Having someone unconditionally guide you through this difficult season is worth the investment of time and money to come to peace and a renewing of your mind.
Certainly there are more reasons for wanting to see a personal consultant, but if you need a helpful shoulder to lean on and advice from a seasoned professional, I offer sessions as often as you decide is best for your individual situation. To arrange a phone call to see if this type of service would benefit you, please call or write to me.
Just remember, there’s always hope!
Likewise, if you’ve experienced any of these five reasons, and found a personal consultant who helped you, we’d love to have you share the benefits with others who might be facing the same things that you did.
Please share your thoughts below.