- 1.1 What Information Does Van Blarcom Consulting Collect And How Is It Used?
- 1.2 The Way We Use Information
- 1.3 Our Commitment To Data Security
- 1.4 Cookies and Related Technologies
- 1.5 Other
- 1.6 Your Choices and Opting-Out
- 1.7 Kendal’s Blog Entries
- 1.8 Sometimes, all you need is a Patient Ear
- 1.9 How to Care for Aging Parents: What to Know When They Need Help
- 1.10 5 Home Safety Tips When Taking Care of Elderly Parents
- 1.11 Virtual Reality Improves the Quality of Senior Living
- 1.12 The 3 Health Benefits of Social Media for Seniors
Van Blarcom Consulting respects and strives to protect your privacy. The purpose of this policy statement is to share with you a description of what information we collect and how we use that information.
What Information Does Van Blarcom Consulting Collect And How Is It Used?
We may collect basic information on visitors to this site, but in a way that does not identify individual users. For example, we may collect information on which site pages are visited and on feedback provided by visitors. We then aggregate this information with other pieces of information to improve our site and make your experience on the site as valuable and efficient as possible. Additionally, on some pages, you can request that we contact you and/or provide you with more information. The types of personal information collected as a result of such requests, generally, are: your name, your organization, your email and/or physical address and your phone number.
The Way We Use Information
We may use your information to send you the information you requested and also internally for statistical reasons. We may use return e-mail addresses to answer e-mails we receive, but such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties. We never use or share personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have industry-standard physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies and Related Technologies
Then in the next section of the notice we link out to the industry opt-out sites described above.
By using this site, you consent to the collection and use of your information by Van Blarcom Consulting as described in this policy. You should be aware that when you click on links that take you to third-party sites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies and that Van Blarcom Consulting cannot be responsible for the actions of third parties.
Your Choices and Opting-Out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us: You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads we serve or by clicking here. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies: EPAY is also a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
You can opt-out of our tracking your online activity for targeted advertising purposes (Do Not Track): We respond to “do not track” or “DNT” signals sent from your browser. If the website of one of our Advertisers receives a DNT signal, during that visit, we will not link data we collect to your browser identifier so that new data collected about you will not be used by us for targeted advertising purposes, but older data collected about you may still be used.